Midlands Bees is one of the largest South Island beekeeping business operating hives for honey production and seed crop pollination in the Mid Canterbury region.
Our pollination services build long term, mutually beneficial relationships between arable growers, horticulturalist, and ourselves. Our services enable New Zealand to produce specialty seed crops and fruit that can compete in the global market and contribute to the success of New Zealand's seed industry. We are pollination experts providing pollination services to maximise your crops providing you with the following skills and experience;
- Extensive experience and expertise in specialist seed crops and pollination.
- Strict observance to on farm Health and Safety requirements.
- One of the South Islands largest beekeeping operation.
- Experience in shifting hives on and off crops.
- Beekeeping that provides certainty and reliability for the pollination of high value crops.
- Extensive Research and Development programmes focusing on bee health, hive management, pollination optimisation and hive tracking and compliance.
- Vigilant compliance and certification systems, working to the strictest biosecurity and international standard.
At Midlands Bees, we aim to exceed expectations and set new standards of excellence in pollination services within New Zealand.
Providing around 7,000 beehives for natural and efficient pollination of specialty seed and fruit crops throughout Canterbury, we provide pollination services for crops including, but not limited to;
Beehives are required for pollination between the months of October and February, then the beehives are returned to the resident site for wintering. Major demand for our pollination services is on hybrid carrots from mid-December to mid-February.
Contract Honey Extraction
Midlands Bees has a dedicated honey extraction facility with state of the art extraction equipment including a centrifuge. Alongside extracting our own honey, contract extraction services are available.
To meet production standards and customer requirements, we are focused on a high-quality production process and the highest quality assurance standards. Our purpose-built extraction facility operates a HACCP based Risk Management Programme and is a certified SQF food production facility, licensed and inspected by New Zealand's Ministry of Primary Industry (MPI).
If you are a local beekeeper in the Canterbury region, Midlands Bees can offer you a contract extraction services for your beehives. Our dedicated team can extract honey from your hives and fill it into pails, drums or IBC. Minimum quantities apply and early bookings are recommended.