Established in 1990, Midlands supports and encourages the production and export of arable produce to Europe and Southeast Asia. Midlands is one of New Zealand’s major producers and marketers of hybrid vegetable seeds, pulses, grains, oilseeds and related value-added food products such as cold pressed oils and honey. Innovation is pivotal to Midlands success, which intends to lead the way in the burgeoning Food & Fibre sector.
Midlands Holdings is seeking a Research Technician to join their current R&D Team. The position is based at the company’s head office in Ashburton.
Key responsibilities for this role:
- Follow trial protocols and undertake field measurements, sample collection and data entry.
- Application of fertiliser and agrichemical applications to trial plots.
- Responsibility for day-to-day upkeep of trial sites.
- Crop QA including crop inspections and rogueing.
- Inhouse seed cleaning and sample preparation.
- Seed quality testing as per inhouse protocols.
- Receiving and despatching trial samples.
- Maintenance of inventory databases.
- Proofing of trial data, analysis and reports.
- Will have a strong interest in the arable sector.
- Keen to develop agronomic skills and understanding of crop management.
- Has initiative and can work unsupervised.
- Has very good attention to detail and recording skills.
- Self-motivated and results oriented with a positive outlook.
- Strong planning and time management skills with the flexibility to work outside normal work hours.
- A team player with a sense of humour looking for a mix of outdoor and indoor work.
A tertiary qualification or experience in agronomy/plant science/soil science would be an advantage, as would experience in seed sample preparation and quality testing. However, specialist training will be provided as required.
If you are looking to take the next challenge in your career and feel that you have the skills and abilities to join our energetic and committed team in Ashburton, then we want to hear from you.
To register your interest, please click the “apply for this job” button online via Seek https://www.seek.co.nz/job/57946592
To discuss the role in confidence, contact Georgie Wade on 027 406 3990 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants MUST be New Zealand resident, or hold an appropriate New Zealand work permit in order to be considered for this role, we are unable to endorse any application for Visas.
02 September 2022
Email Georgie Wade at email@example.com.