This is an exciting – and rarely offered - opportunity for an experienced and qualified Agronomist with solid research planning and management skills to join this Ashburton based team. Reporting to the Midlands Research & Development Manager, the role will be responsible for field trial research including the preparation of protocols, analyses of data and technical reports. This position plays an integral part in providing technical leadership for the development and commercial growth of the Midlands Group.
Established in 1990, Midlands support and encourage the production and export of arable crops to Europe and South East Asia. They are one of New Zealand’s major producers and marketers of vegetable seeds, pulses, grains and related value-added food products.
Key responsibilities for this role:
- Provide science leadership and line management to the field research team.
- Conduct first class research to assist in the development of commercially viable seed crops and products with higher yield and improved quality.
- Develop field trial proposals and associated supporting documentation in conjunction with the Production and R&D teams.
- Manage Midland Research field trials ensuring that they are effectively undertaken and reflect current commercial practice.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with growers and other collaborators.
- Develop and maintain effective communication channels with agrichemical, fertiliser and other support industries to ensure up to date processes and technologies are evaluated.
- Communicate results effectively.
- Degree qualified in agricultural plant science with extensive field trial experience – preferably in small seed arable crops.
- Research planning and management experience in plant science/agronomy.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, a broad range of agricultural chemicals.
- Professional demeanor and an effective communicator with a preferred track record of interaction with growers and industry personnel.
- Self-motivated and results oriented with a positive outlook.
- Strong planning and time management skills with the flexibility to work outside normal work hours.
If you are looking to take the next challenge in your career and feel that you have the skills and abilities to join our energetic and committed team, then we want to hear from you.
To register your interest, please apply online via Seek.
To discuss the role in confidence, please contact Georgie Wade on 027 406 3990 or email: email@example.com.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa prior to commencing work
31 August 2022
Email Georgie Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org.