Quality Control Assessor
Quality Control Assessor – Afternoon Shift
Monday to Friday 2:00pm to 10:30pm
(Fixed-term 6 month contract)
Midlands Apiaries based in Ashburton, is one of the largest South Island beekeeping businesses operating hives for honey production and seed crop pollination predominantly in the Mid Canterbury region.
Our new state of the art honey shed, along with our all new fleet of trucks and equipment, provides our business with the most up to date technology.
Due to the continued growth in our company we have a newly created Quality Control Assessor role on afternoon shift, which covers 2:00pm until 10:30pm Monday to Friday. This will be an excellent opportunity for a suitably motivated person interested in joining our team.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Quality Control Assessor is involved in ensuring that Midland’s quality standards are being met. This position will be instrumental in ensuring that product is of a consistently high quality, that quality systems and inspections are implemented and maintained within processing departments, and that processing operations are consistent with customer and regulatory requirements and company policy.
Key responsibilities include;
- Conduct routine checks in the processing and packing rooms areas (work in progress and finished product) to ensure delivery of the highest quality product to the customer.
- To ensure that all quality systems relevant to the process and packing area are adhered to during each shift
- To ensure all aspects of the day-to-day operation of the packing and process areas are compliant with Local body, Legislative and Corporate requirements
- Update and improve existing procedures within the Quality Management System
- Assist in developing procedures in the processing areas.
- Assist in internal auditing of the business against e.g. RMP and SQF standards
- Assist in quality and compliance training of production staff.
- Ensure the compliance and quality of labelling for raw materials and finished goods.
- Monitor the pest control across the RMP and record and communicate the information to key personnel.
- Be a team player.
- Offer solutions as well as identifying problems.
The successful applicant will possess the following skills:
- Relevant experience in Quality Assurance/Control or Process Control.
- A very high level of Food Safety and Health and Safety awareness and practices Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Well organised with strong planning skills and a positive attitude
- High level of attention to detail.
- Computer literacy in MS Excel and Word
- Be methodical and work with a sense of urgency
- Remain calm under pressure
- Able to follow direction and work effectively in a team environment
Applicants for this position MUST have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa prior to commencing work, we are unable to support Visa applications for these roles.
How to apply:
To register your interest, please click the “apply for this job” button online via Seek
Please provide your CV and a cover letter detailing your experience and which position you are applying for.
To discuss the role in confidence, please contact Georgie Wade on 027 406 3990 or email: email@example.com.
25 June 2021
Email Georgie Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org..