Packing Room Team Leader
Packing Room Team Leader 2nd Shift
(2:30 pm until 11:00 pm)
Midlands Apiaries pride themselves on processing and exporting the world’s finest honey. From the beekeepers that produce the raw honey to our state-of-the-art production facility everything is in place to produce significant volumes of world class honey and honey products for worldwide consumption.
Midlands Apiaries are the ‘total honey solution provider’ part of Midland Holdings, an established group of businesses who take immense pride in providing quality products and services derived from the arable industry.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional individual to join our honey packing team based in Ashburton. Due to recent rapid expansion and long-term growth plans we will be beginning a second shift in the honey packing room which will run from 2:30 pm until 11:00 pm Monday to Friday.
The role of Packing Room Team Leader is a critical one for the team and requires a candidate who is able to work in a fast-moving packing room where tight deadlines need to be met. The role will take responsibility for supporting the Packing Room Operators with direct supervision, coordinating activities to meet production and order requirements, establish and maintain relevant processes and controls to ensure effective delivery.
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Leadership and supervision of staff
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organise and co-ordinate activities in a busy environment
- Participate in QA throughout the packing process to ensure delivery of the highest quality product to the customer.
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Understanding/experience in continuous improvement
- Leading H&S culture
- Ensuring final product quality standards are maintained to continue delivery of the highest quality product to the customer.
- Active participation in all Plant communication forums - safety discussions, shift handover meetings.
- Ensuring accurate dispatch of product from the packing room and completion of subsequent documentation
We are looking for our Packing Room Team Leader to be an energetic individual with a can-do attitude who is ready to step up and take full ownership of the role. In return, Midlands Apiaries offer excellent working conditions, opportunities for personal development and career progression.
Applications will be reviewed on arrival as we would like to move forward quickly
Applicants for this position MUST have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa prior to commencing work, we are unable to support Visa applications for these roles.
How to apply:
To register your interest, please click the “apply for this job” button online via Seek
Applications will be reviewed on arrival as we would like to move quick
Please provide your CV and a cover letter detailing your experience
To discuss the role in confidence, please contact Georgie Wade on 027 406 3990 or email: email@example.com.
17 February 2019
Email Georgie Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org.