Fixed-term – 8-month Parental Leave Cover – starting June
This Ashburton based Management Accountant position requires an experienced qualified Management Accountant with solid experience within a diverse manufacturing environment. The role will be responsible for a number of trading companies so the ability to provide leadership and management of financial accountabilities is pivotal in this key role. This role is for a fixed-term period of 8 months to cover a parental leave period, starting in June to enable sufficient hand-over.
Midlands Apiaries is the largest Apiaries and Honey packaging business in the South Island and one of the emerging honey exporters in the country. Significant investment has been made to expand total hive numbers over recent years and recently, a multi-million dollar extraction and packing plant was opened in Ashburton to handle increased export production of Manuka and other blended honeys. This new plant is one of the largest of its type in New Zealand.
Key responsibilities for this role:
- Management Accounting
- Review and analysis of monthly accounts for management
- Capital Project management
- Financial statement preparation and month end reporting for multiple trading companies
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Inventory control
- Financial modelling and analysis, reviewing operational procedures to identify areas for improvement
- Ensure that the company meets legal and compliance obligations
- Degree qualified with proven New Zealand management accounting experience
- Practical experience of management accounting activity
- Planning, budgeting and forecasting experience
- Manufacturing accounting experience necessary
- Experience with inventory control is required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive, motivated and proactive attitude
If you are looking to take the next challenge in your career feel that you have the skills and abilities to join our energetic and committed team, then we want to hear from you.
To discuss the role in confidence, please contact Georgie Wade on 027 406 3990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
05 April 2020
Email Georgie Wade at email@example.com.